Seven is an award-winning marketing agency based in London. In 2016 we joined German super-agency C3 (Creative, Code, Content) to create the largest content marketing specialist in Europe, with offices in London, Lisbon, Prague, Ljubljana, Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich and Zurich. We now have over 600 people in total working on projects for hundreds of well-known brands.
Seven’s ambition is to be the agency of the people. We focus rigorously on audiences; what they really want, think and do in order to deliver the marketing performance our clients want. This focus on people requires a fundamental shift in the way we do things and the role of Head of Behavioural Science is vital to ensuring we deliver on this promise.
The newly combined Seven C3 team boasts over 600 strategists and creatives, specializing in everything from technology, finance and cars to food, fitness and fashion. Our clients include Sainsbury's, Fujitsu, Vitality, David Lloyd, Weight Watchers, Jobsite, Allianz, Deutsche Telekom, Porsche, VW, Skoda, EY and Tui, to name just a few.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to apply insights from behavioural science into the heart of our business. The role will work across our functions and will engage a range of clients. This appointment is key to building a unique offer to really help our clients to understand their customers better, to improve their marketing and to help Seven C3 to stand out from our competitors.
Initially, you will act as an internal thought leader; inspiring colleagues across the business to think about how insights from behavioural science can be embedded in how we work to create the most effective messages for consumers. You will develop and implement new processes, templates and methods that build from recent scientific progress in the behavioural sciences to effectively engage audiences.
In time, you will use your knowledge and expertise to build relationships with clients and to grow our business through effective audience-relevant insights. You will also be directly responsible for taking Seven’s message to the wider market via writing, speaking and networking at events.
The role will involve:
1. Being an internal expert on the behaviours, attitudes, expectations and intentions of the audiences we engage with.
2. Analysing the existing Seven and C3 client base to identify potential ‘proof of concept’ projects to build awareness and understanding of this new offering.
3. Applying knowledge of behavioural science to commercial projects on a consultancy basis. Including project support, advice and direct delivery to clients.
4. Research and development; helping lead a programme to develop new or improve existing approaches in audience engagement.
5. To apply behavioural science expertise to new business pitches as required.
6. Networking with external experts to stay on top of new developments in the behavioural sciences, including presenting work at conferences.
7. To analyse and report on wider cultural and social trends that impact on our clients’ and their customers, and that can create growth and new business opportunities for Seven.
8. To build senior level relationships with clients and their partner agencies.
9. Thought Leadership/Profile to develop Seven's image as experts by maintaining a media and social media profile, publishing articles, conference presentations etc.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate a strong academic track record in behavioural science. Due to the applied nature of our research, you will also need to have a deep understanding of how these theories can be applied to help solve complex commercial problems relating to marketing and audience-engagement. We are looking for someone that is able to challenge the status-quo and find creative solutions to real-world problems. You will have proven project management skills and an ability to work under pressure and manage your workload to meet tight client deadlines. You will need to have strong written and verbal skills and be comfortable interacting and pitching to senior clients across a wide range of sectors.
Skills and Experience
1. A strong background in behavioural science built up through industry experience or through appropriate academic qualifications, such as an MSc or PhD in Social Psychology, Behavioural Economics, Organisational Behaviour, Management Sciences, Behavioural Marketing, or a related academic discipline from a leading university.
2. Demonstrated experience and expertise in applying behavioural science research to commercial settings
3. Experience of designing, managing and analysing quantitative research projects. Knowledge of a major statistical package (e.g. SPSS, Stata or R.).
4. Well-developed teamwork and collaborative abilities, and strong communication skills.
5. A strong entrepreneurial drive and interest in the use of evidence to support commercial decision-makers.
6. The ability to analyse a diverse spectrum of information, research and data inputs and can turn it into insight that can be simply explained.
7. You are one of the first on the invite list to join a brainstorm because you make a full contribution, have good ideas, can challenge and add a different perspective
8. An appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of a wide range of research methods.
9. A willingness to travel, particularly within Europe.
We recognise that individuals from a variety of different backgrounds will apply for this position. Therefore the salary is flexible and to be negotiated with the candidate on the basis of previous experience and skills.
To express an interest in this position, please send your CV to Joe Gladstone at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to register your interest is Tuesday November the 1st at 5pm EST.