Department: Behavioral Insights Team –Customer Risk Management & Assistance
Design and execute innovative business initiatives by applying concepts and principles of behavioral economics, neural-psychology, human factors, and cognitive sciences to provide effective behavioral interventions and solutions through all customer touch points. Oversee the entire design and research phases of customer behavioral studies. Interact with internal business partners and vendors to achieve their business and operational requirements. Independently execute the continuous improvement of customer messaging and effectively communicate the outcome to senior management.
• Lead the Behavioral Insights Team to enhance Discover’s messaging and processes that interact with our customers
• Manage the daily operation of the Behavioral Insights Team, including all phases of behavioral studies
• Be able to collaborate with both internal business partners and external vendors to fulfill the business needs and requirements
• Function as a liaison and communicate with senior management, business partners to understand the business objectives and formulate relevant research objectives by applying behavioral economic concepts and principles.
• Direct statistical analyses, produce reports and communicate findings to internal stakeholders, and business partners, and external vendors
• Maintain a high level of competency in behavioral economics, cognitive sciences, statistics, research principles, tools and various analytical techniques
• M.S. / Ph. D. in quantitative sciences, behavioral economics, or social psychology. Advanced degree preferred.
• At least five years of experience in product communication, product design, and customer experience in the financial services industry.
• Proven knowledge and expertise in behavioral economics, neural-psychology, human factors, cognitive sciences, statistical analyses and business knowledge.
• Strong computer skills, experience in statistical software, Teradata SQL and other analytical tools
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a team player and a self starter with minimal direction.
• Problem solving skills and thought leadership.
This position will report to Director, Decision Management