Reporting to the Faculty Director, the Yale Center for Customer Insights, the Program Director will manage and grow the portfolio of Discovery Projects with leading corporations. The program director will also be responsible for developing new programs based on the center's IP (intellectual property) (Behavioral Economics and Big Data) to deepen engagement with existing and new corporate partners.
1. Working collaboratively with Faculty Leadership and YCCI Discovery Project staff, Director of Programs will be chief operational lead for securing, scoping, planning and delivery of all Discovery Projects throughout the year. Discovery Projects are consumer research driven research projects executed by MBAs and led by Yale SOM faculty in collaboration with leading Fortune 500 partner organizations.
2. Work with Faculty Leads and corporate partners to scope projects and draft proposals.
3. Shepherd student teams through management of semester-long projects to assure consistently high quality deliverable. Coach students on presentation design and execution to assure ideas are effectively translated to audience.
4. Work with Executive Director to manage financial and operational aspects of Discovery projects, including budgeting and legal procedures.
5. Work professionally and in a proactive manner with prospective and current clients to assess their research needs, requirements and expectations. Manage and develop partnership relations through informal check-ins and formal debriefings.
6. Work with YCCI staff to develop, document, and refine processes and procedures to ensure consistently high quality project management, including developing a more robust internal and external feedback system with partners, students and faculty.
7. Manage existing programs such as Yale Company Day (faculty member goes to company affiliates for the day) and develop new programs based on the center's IP to deepen engagement with existing and new corporate partners.Required Education and ExperienceBachelor's degree and seven years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required Skill/Ability 1: Entrepreneurial skills and spirit to work independently to build a new program.
- Required Skill/Ability 2: Demonstrated success operating with flexibility in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Proven organizational skills, including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously. Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
- Required Skill/Ability 3: Proven project management skills to lead projects and guide MBA teams in project management. Comfortable with all aspects of project management from idea generation to data analysis and presentation.
- Required Skill/Ability 4: Excellent planning skills; including attention to detail, information organization, timeline tracking, and comprehensive communication across many teams and at all organizational levels.
- Required Skill/Ability 5: Superior interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively both internally and externally.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
1. MBA or relevant Master's degree.
2. Extensive experience in a leading consulting firm or a business development/marketing role and/or training projects with Fortune 100 companies.