Who we are
Many marketers now agree that behavioural science holds the key to truly effective marketing, but are unsure how to translate academic insight into successful practice. For this reason we have assembled an expert behavioural science research and planning team tasked with adapting research insights to inform planning, creative and technology strategy.
We are a talented group of academics, marketers and fundraisers, who have spent many years developing the science of response - a methodology which uses behavioural science insight to help our clients recruit new customers and supporters, raise more money, build loyalty and bring about positive change in their marketing programmes.
Through consultancy, events and carefully planned test campaigns, we are leading the way in the effective application of behavioural science to direct marketing. Our strong links with academic institutions and also with the UK Behavioural Insights Team enable us to tap into a wider network of academics where a specific client challenge requires it.
Purpose of role
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background in behavioural science, psychology or related discipline and interest in applying scientific theory to solve practical business problems.
We are looking for someone that is fascinated by human behaviour, has an interest in marketing and likes the idea of being part of an innovative team creating powerful, direct response campaigns underpinned by science. They will have excellent communication skills, will be able to express complex ideas clearly and develop strong, positive relationships with colleagues and senior clients.
· Ensuring behavioural science theory is consistently applied to all our clients’ work
· Keeping abreast of the newest findings on human decision-making
· Contributing to creative ideas sessions and planning meetings
· Devising research and testing propositions to serve as a focal point for events or whitepapers
· Collaborating effectively with colleagues in other internal teams
· Developing behavioural rationales for creative content and campaign strategy
· Presenting strategic recommendations to clients
· Preparation and presentation of behavioural workshops to clients
· Planning and running events
· Asserting our thought-leadership in behavioural science applied to direct marketing by speaking at events and writing blogs
· Leading and/or co-ordinating formal learning sessions for creative and client teams to ensure a consistently high level of behavioural science expertise amongst clients service and creative colleagues.
· Maintaining relationships with academic institutions and other partner organisations.
· Group new business opportunities, attending pitches as required
· The continuous development of Instinctiv’s behavioural science intellectual property
Key skills – what you need to be able to do
· Build great relationships with and inspire complete confidence in clients and key contacts
· Identify useful studies to inform our response to client briefs and to develop testing strategies
· Able to look beyond the initial request to suggest better ways of working
· Express complex ideas clearly
· Ability to own an opportunity and drive it through to completion
· Be organised and able to prioritise multiple workload demands – working accurately and at speed
Behaviours and attitude – how we’d like you to do it
· A role model for our culture and values
· Passion for delighting prospects and clients, with an appetite to understand and solve their marketing problems
· Great team-worker, able to collaborate effectively with colleagues across the business
· Appetite to challenge the status quo, always trying to find new and better ways of working
· Appetite and ability to learn fast under own initiative and confidence in tackling new areas
· Outgoing, able to quickly build rapport and form relationships.
Measurement – how we will know you are doing well
· Development of successful campaign strategies
· Positive client relationship feedback
· A regular cycle of published whitepapers/blogs/articles
To find out more about what we do visit http://www.instinctiv.co.uk/
To apply for this role please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
You must have the legal right to live and work in the UK.