Amazon is looking for an outstanding Data Scientist to be part of our Talent Assessment team. As a member of the Talent Assessment team, you will get the opportunity to be part of leading-edge research and analysis to understand how Amazon’s innovative assessment solutions directly impact important business outcomes. You will be working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex problems. You will work closely with the business and technical teams to perform compelling analyses that delivers actionable results.
In this role you will be part of the Global Talent Acquisition organization and you will also work closely with teams across Amazon. Successful candidates will be detail-driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. We are passionate about using our backgrounds in social science to drive excellent people-related business decisions.
• Develop analysis plans and implement appropriate statistical techniques to answer complex business questions.
• Independently analyze HR and business outcomes data in order to identify relationships and trends; incorporate data visualization of statistical analyses.
• Develop predictive models for important business- and people-centered outcomes
• Interact with executive project sponsors across multiple businesses to understand the business outcomes important for success; operationalize those outcomes in ways that can be measured and ultimately predicted.
• Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
• Interpret data and communicate complex findings to leaders in HR and across business.
Write research papers for internal audiences.
• 5+ years of industry experience
• Master's degree in Industrial - Organizational Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Statistics, or related field
• Strong statistical skills (for example, able to conduct analyses using HLM, regression, ANOVA, IRT methods, Structural Equation Modeling, etc)
• PhD strongly preferred in Industrial - Organizational Psychology, Statistics, Behavioral Economics, or related field
• Previous work experience in applying statistics to HR and business outcomes
• Strong technical skills and proficient in programs such as SPSS, R, Excel, Access
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent quantitative analytical abilities
• Proven problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills