The Research Fellow will join Professor Todd Rogers and his team in the Student Social Support R&D Lab (S3 R&D Lab) at the Center for Public Leadership, Harvard Kennedy School. The S3 R&D Lab works on projects at the intersection of education, psychology, judgment and decision-making, and behavioral economics.
Most of the S3 R&D Lab’s research projects explore the impact on student achievement of mobilizing the support of students' family and friends. This education intervention research takes place in a range of educational settings, including K-12 schools and districts, online universities, state and community colleges', test prep programs, and MOOCs.
The Research Fellow position is an excellent opportunity for those interested in eventually pursuing advanced degrees and/or careers in research.
Research Fellows should have a combination of the following skills:
- Experience managing, analyzing, and manipulating large datasets
- Experience handling sensitive data securely
- Excellent statistical analysis skills, preferably with a focus on randomized field experiments
- Proficiency using statistical software (Stata preferred; R, Matlab, SAS, and SPSS okay)
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly on the job
- Ability to work with a small collaborative research team
- Understanding of, and familiarity with, experimental design
- Comfort in, and familiarity with, K-12 schools and colleges are a plus but not required
- Programming (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl) skills are a plus but not required
Basic Requirements: BA/BS degree. MA or PhD a plus
Applicants should submit résumé and cover letter to Catherine Kearns (Catherine_kearns@hks.harvard.edu<mailto:Catherine_kearns@hks.harvard.edu>). Finalists may be asked to submit writing samples or transcripts, and may be asked to perform a data analysis simulation. Position could begin immediately.
Note: We are only able to hire people who are eligible to work in the United States without needing the University's visa sponsorship.
For more information on the S3 R&D Lab, visit www.s3rd.org.