The Research Fellow (Project Manager) will join Professor Todd Rogers and his team in the Student Social Support R&D Lab (S3 R&D Lab) at the Center for Public Leadership, Harvard Kennedy School. The S3 R&D Lab works on projects at the intersection of education, psychology, judgment and decision-making, and behavioral economics.
Most of the S3 R&D Lab’s research projects explore the impact on student achievement of mobilizing the support of students' family and friends. This education intervention research takes place in a range of educational settings, including K-12 schools and districts, online universities, state and community colleges', test prep programs, and MOOCs.
The Research Fellow position is an excellent opportunity for those interested in eventually pursuing advanced degrees and/or careers in research.
Research Fellows (Field) should have a combination of the following skills:
- Ability to manage projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfort in, and familiarity with, K-12 schools and colleges (preferably experience teaching or working with disadvantaged communities)
- Strong writing, editing, organization and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with, and manage, a small collaborative research team
- Comfort with statistical analysis and software useful but not necessary (e.g., SPSS, Stata, or R)
- Understanding of, and familiarity with, experimental design
Basic Requirements: BA/BS degree. MA or PhD a plus
Applicants should submit résumé and cover letter to Catherine Kearns (Catherine_kearns@hks.harvard.edu<mailto:Catherine_kearns@hks.harvard.edu>). Finalists may be asked to submit writing samples or transcripts, and may be asked to perform a task simulation. Position could begin immediately.
Note: We are only able to hire people who are eligible to work in the United States without needing the University's visa sponsorship.
For more information on S3 R&D Lab, visit www.s3rd.org