Prophet is a strategic brand and marketing consultancy with offices around the world.
We help leading companies win by delivering inspired and actionable ideas. We have worked with such preeminent clients as BMW, Cisco, GE, McDonald s, Johnson and Johnson, and Zurich Financial on a broad scope of projects in our areas of expertise: brand, marketing, innovation, design, digital, and analytics.More specifically, we help our clients improve impact and reputation through:- Sound branding and go-to-market strategies- A deeper understanding of what drives ROI and brand value- Compelling visual identities, branded environments, and customer experiences- Engaging digital strategies and customer experiences- Enhanced brand management, marketing, and innovation capabilities- New products, services, and experiencesThe firm is widely recognized for making numerous contributions to the science and knowledge of branding and marketing strategy, as captured in books by David Aaker, Scott Davis, and Michael Dunn, including Brand Relevance, The Shift, Spanning Silos, Building Strong Brands, Brand Portfolio Strategy, Building the Brand-Driven Business, and Brand Asset Management. More recently Andy Stefanovich published a best-selling book focusing on innovation - Look at More Stuff.
Our Partners are sought after thought leaders and experts, with their viewpoints regularly appearing in such media as Advertising Age, CNBC, CNET, Forbes, HBR, Marketing, Marketing Week, among others. Prophet has over 300 employees; they come from diverse backgrounds in advertising, consulting, academics, and industry positions as brand and marketing executives. This enables Prophet to bring strategy and imagination to our clients most difficult challenges. We currently maintain offices in Atlanta, Berlin, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, New York, Richmond, San Francisco, and Zurich.Prophet has grown nearly 25% in each of the past seven years through a combination of acquisitive and organic efforts. Prophet recently acquired Figtree, a highly-regarded brand and design consultancy based in London and Hong Kong. Earlier in 2012, we acquired Chicago-based digital design and development studio Material Group as well as Atlanta-based brand, marketing, and innovation firm (r)evolution. In early 2011, we acquired Berlin-based management consultancy Noshokaty, D ring & Thun (NDT), and in 2009, we acquired Play, a leading creativity and innovation company based in Richmond, Va.
The Customer Insights Team is an important enabling capability for the firm. Over half of the firm’s revenue is driven by client engagements that involve some form of customer insights work. The Insights team members work to design both qualitative and quantitative insights plans that ultimately help drive the strategies and recommendations made to the clients. The Insights team is lead by a Partner in the firm, Jill Orum, who has over 20 years of Insights and Marketing Strategy experience.
This Customer Insights Manager role will use a range of customer (or consumer) research, analytic methods & marketing knowledge to design, execute, & interpret market research to meet client business objectives. He/She will work as part of a project team, providing idea leadership across all phases of insight development – conceptualization, research design, fieldwork & vendor oversight, and insight interpretation and communication. The role uses a combined understanding of various market research, analytical and statistical methods to address project team and client goals.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Translate key marketing and business questions into qualitative and quantitative research plans, often helping to communicate those plans in a compelling manner during the business development process
- Identify and select appropriate qualitative or quantitative research partners, and determine what activities may also be handled internally by the project teams (e.g., hypothesis generating 1:1 interviews)
- Manage external research partners responsible for executing the necessary research activities, in a timely and accurate fashion, including: developing screeners and final discussion guides, proposing sampling plans and questionnaires, executing fieldwork, data collection, and data processing
- Develop and oversee analysis plans (handled internally or externally by research partners) in service of project objectives, including recommending/employing statistical methodologies such as segmentation, multivariate analysis, discrete choice modeling, and experimental design, among others
- Develop insights and implications from the research, share and interpret those learnings and recommendations with project and client team, in an impactful and client-ready fashion
- Contribute to building and employing Insights best practices across the firm, including the development of proprietary or differentiating tools, processes and capabilities
- Coach and develop more junior consultants and Insights team members
- Qualifications / Experience:
- Master's degree or other advanced degree with a strong background in business, marketing, market research, or behavioral sciences (e.g., Psychology, Cultural anthropology, Behavioral Economics/Decision Sciences, etc)
- Strong set of research skills and first-hand experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative techniques, including (but not limited to): 1:1 interviews/IDI’s, focus groups, ethnographies, concept testing, positioning exploration or validation, benefit testing, consumer or shopper segmentation analysis, need state segmentation, conjoint or discrete choice-based methods, experimental design
- Ability to draw insights from data and communicate them in a compelling way to a “lay” audience
- Excellent project management and thought leadership skills; strong collaboration/teamwork skills; a problem-solver with a results-orientation
- Strong communication skills and high degree of comfort with influencing and communicating a point of view to senior-level members of the Prophet team, as well as leadership in the client companies
Education and/or Other Experience:
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience in fast paced, client-oriented environments – the ideal candidate will have a combination of client-side, vendor/consultant, and/or agency experiences
- Deep experience applying cutting edge qualitative and quantitative market research techniques to a variety of marketing issues
- Experience driving problem solving around complex business issues
- Content fluency around marketing, brand strategy and innovation issues in particular
- Experience managing and fostering strong vendor relationships
- Demonstrated success leading client relationships and collaborating on project teams
- If you are interested in applying for the Insights Manager position, please email your resume