Ipsos is one of the world’s largest market research companies with over 16,000 employees and offices in over 90 countries. We are an innovative, entrepreneurial, client-focused organisation, providing research services to over 5,000 clients worldwide from the world’s largest FMCG companies and banks to government departments, the media and charities. We are the only global market research company that is still controlled and operated by researchers. We are intellectually curious and passionate researchers who set ourselves high standards and aim to work collaboratively to service our clients most effectively.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to help lead a new behavioural science unit at Ipsos, based in London but working globally. The team will work with our existing teams of behavioural researchers, ethnographers and neuroscience experts. The new unit will work across our business lines and countries, being the centre of excellence for the entire Ipsos group, reporting to the head of the UK business. The role will involve:
1. Applying knowledge of behavioural science to commercial projects on a consultancy basis.
2. Project support, advice and direct delivery to clients, including acting as Deputy to the Head of Behavioural Science.
4. Research and development; helping lead a programme of research to develop new or improve existing research products, tools or approaches.
5. Networking with external experts to stay on top of new developments in the behavioural sciences, including presenting work at conferences.
6. Thought Leadership/Profile to develop Ipsos MORI's image as experts by maintaining a media and social media profile, publishing articles, conference presentations etc.
To succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate a strong academic track record in behavioural science. Due to the applied nature of our research, you will also need to have a deep understanding of how these theories can be applied to help solve complex commercial problems relating to consumer behaviour. We are looking for someone that is able to challenge the status-quo and find creative solutions to real-world problems.
You will have proven project management skills and able to work under pressure and manage your workload to meet short deadlines. You will need to have strong written and verbal skills and be comfortable interacting and pitching to commercial clients.
Skills and Experience
1. A strong background in behavioural science built up through industry experience or through appropriate academic qualifications, such as an MSc or PhD in Social Psychology, Behavioural Economics, Organisational Behaviour, Management Sciences, Behavioural Marketing, or a related academic discipline from a leading university.
2. Demonstrated experience and expertise in applying behavioural science research to commercial settings
3. Experience of designing, managing and analysing quantitative research projects. Knowledge of a major statistical package (e.g. SPSS, Stata, R.).
4. Well-developed teamwork and collaborative abilities, and strong communication skills.
5. A strong entrepreneurial drive and interest in the use of evidence to support commercial decision-makers.
6. An appreciation of the strengths and weaknesses of a wide range of research methods – qualitative, quantitative, mixed methods.
7. A willingness to travel.
What we Offer
In return, you'll get brilliant training, the support of a close-knit team, and the chance to see your work applied in many of the worlds leading companies. The position offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and stimulating environment and be part of a rapidly growing team, with significant assets and organisational commitment to make this new unit a real success.
A competitive salary and package, with a commitment to personal development where your efforts and achievements are recognised and rewarded. You will be based in our London office, with opportunities for international travel.
Ipsos MORI are currently recruiting for positions as a "Senior Behavioural Scientist" and as a "Behavioural Scientist". Applications for one position will automatically be considered for the alternative position based on qualifications and experience.
Those interested in the position should send a short covering letter and CV to Joe Gladstone, who is managing the recruitment process. You can email him at Joe.Gladstone@Cantab.net
DEADLINE: Sunday 22nd November, 5pm GMT.