Who we are
Many marketers now agree that behavioural science holds the key to significantly improving programme performance, but are unsure as to how insights should be applied in practice. For this reason we have assembled an expert behavioural science research and planning team tasked with adapting research insights and developing testing strategies to underpin our planning, creative and technology offer.
We are a talented group of academic, marketing and fundraising experts, who have spent the last 6 years developing the science of response - a methodology which uses behavioural science insight to help our clients recruit new customers and supporters, raise more money, build loyalty and bring about positive change in their marketing programmes.
Through consultancy, events and the development of carefully planned test campaigns, we are leading the way in the effective application of behavioural science to direct marketing. Our strong links with academic institutions and also with the UK Behavioural Insights Team enable us to tap into a wider network of academics where a specific client challenge requires it.
Purpose of role
The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background in behavioural science, psychology or related discipline and interest in applying scientific theory to solve practical business problems.
We are looking for someone that is fascinated by human behaviour, has an interest in marketing and likes the idea of being part of an innovative team creating powerful, direct response campaigns underpinned by science. They will have excellent communication skills, will be able to express complex ideas clearly and be able to develop strong, positive relationships with colleagues and senior clients.
· Ensuring behavioural science theory is consistently applied to all our clients’ work
· Being on top of the newest findings on human decision-making
· Contributing to creative ideas sessions and planning meetings
· Devising research and testing propositions to serve as a focal point for events or whitepapers
· Collaborating effectively with colleagues in other internal teams
· Ensuring there is no communication gap among client, creative and behavioural science team
· Signal new business opportunities, attending pitches as required
· The continuous development of Instinctiv’s behavioural science intellectual property
· The development of the behavioural rationale for creative content
· Presenting the behavioural rationale to the clients
· The preparation and presentation of behavioural workshops to clients
· The planning and running of sector conferences/events and blog writing
Key skills – what you need to be able to do
· Identify opportunities to apply behavioural science
· Build great relationships with and inspire complete confidence in clients and key contacts (internal or external)
· Organised and able to prioritise multiple workload demands – working accurately and at speed
· Able to look beyond the initial request to suggest better ways of working
· Ability to own an opportunity and drive it through to completion
Behaviours and attitude – how we’d like you to do it
· A role model for our culture and values
· Passion for delighting prospects and clients, with an appetite to understand and solve their marketing problems
· Great team-worker, able to collaborate effectively with colleagues across the business
· Appetite to challenge the status quo, always trying to find new and better ways of working
· Appetite and ability to learn fast under own initiative and confidence in tackling new areas
· Outgoing, able to quickly build rapport and form relationships.
Measurement – how we will know you are doing well
· Development of successful campaign material
· Increase in the number of enquiries or opportunities to apply behavioural science
· New business secured and growth in our sales pipeline
· Team satisfaction, development and retention
To find out more about what we do visit http://www.instinctiv.co.uk/
Salary £24,000+ depending on experience plus benefits
To apply for this role please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the legal right to live and work in the UK.