The Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is seeking a qualified person for the position of Associate. Busara serves two primary goals: (1) to develop, test, implement cutting edge behavioral science research, and (2) to rigorously apply behavioral insights to policymaking and program design to enhance organizational outcomes and effectiveness.
The Associate will work closely with the Busara-Kenya Office and the leadership to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to: project development and design, partner recruitment and engagement, qualitative research and piloting, managing large scale field and lab projects, cleaning data, conducting in-depth analysis, writing of project reports and policy memos, dissemination results and designing future scope of works, as well as some minor administrative tasks. The Associate will be based in Nairobi, with occasional travel within Kenya and possibly beyond.
- A Bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields. Other fields will be considered.
- 1-3 years previous work experience in a related field
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, a team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations
- Knowledge of and experience working with STATA or other data analysis software
- A Master's degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred
- Familiarity with and interest in behavioral economics preferred
To apply, please upload your CV and cover letter here.
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2015 -- no application materials will be accepted after that date. The start date is flexible but anticipated between November 2015 and January 2016.