Simply Business is one of the UK’s leading technology, service and data companies, and named the number one ‘Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ for two years running now.
We insure over 400,000 of the UK’s businesses and landlords, using feedback, data and technology to create the very best experience for our customers.
Join us and you will be a key part of the business and its growth. We believe that people are our most important asset, and we put a huge amount of effort into creating an environment in which everyone can thrive.
You’ll be helping us create something better for our customers, employees and the world in which we operate.
As a company we have the strong belief that insights from the field of Behavioural Economics (BE) can radically improve all areas of business and our lives. Reporting directly into our CEO, this is a newly created position which will shape the behavioural insights vision for the organisation and embed the thinking from the academic world into our culture of experimentation.
You will work in a consultative role with key decision-makers to help build the centre of excellence and capabilities to offer to the entire organisation. To do so you will help to identify opportunities to design and carry out Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) that will seek to measure the behavioural impact of potential interventions.
As the Behavioural Insights Lead you will:
● Be responsible for the design, implementation and impact measurement of experiments and for coaching others within the organisation on how to run these themselves.
● Apply your professional knowledge of psychology and behavioural science to conduct behaviour analysis, experimental design, and consumer insights development.
● Stay up to date on the latest academic and business thinking in the field and act as the sponsor of BE throughout the organisation.
● Further develop the companywide capability of experimentation.
● Coaching the organisation to use behavioural Insights to improve areas of the business and our colleague experience.
● Building a centre of excellence and capabilities to offer the entire organisation.
● Developing opportunities to make significantly improvement to the lives of our customers and colleagues through simplification, removing over engineered processes and building high levels of engagement.
● Shaping the behavioural insights vision for the organisation and a strategic plan to drive this change.
What we are looking for:
● Experience in applying behavioural economics findings (from experiments and behavioural interventions) to product, communication, and experience challenges in a professional setting.
● Advanced degree (MSc/PhD) in Behavioural Economics, Psychology or a related discipline strongly desired (e.g. a PhD in Organisational Behaviour, Decision Science, Marketing).
● A strong entrepreneurial drive to help build a culture at the nexus between academic thinking and practical applications of theory
Please send a brief covering letter and CV to Joe Gladstone at firstname.lastname@example.org, who is managing the recruitment process. The deadline to receive these documents is 9am on Monday 3rd April, EST. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.